The City of Beverly is looking for two Sanitarians to join their team. The Sanitarian is responsible for conducting various inspections in accordance with State Environmental and Sanitary Codes, City Ordinances, and Board of Health Regulations; and other related duties that fall within the jurisdiction of the Board of Health. Plans, develops, and executes environmental health program by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Performs assignments of a diverse nature requiring professional and technical judgment in the areas of Public Health and Environmental Health Protection Laws.
- Performs inspections and takes appropriate actions concerning all establishments and facilities licensed by the department, including but not limited to, food establishments, rental housing, body art establishments, tanning facilities, bathing beaches, swimming pools, recreational camps for children, and lead paint determinations.
- Investigate and take actions relative to complaints of violations of local and state rules and regulations, and conduct general inspections in the interest of protecting the public and environmental health.
- Pursues legal action when appropriate and necessary to enforce codes and regulations to obtain compliance.
- Performs any other duty as needed to protect the public and environmental health.
- Collaborates with other health personnel in epidemiological investigations and control.
- Is responsible for emergency response during absence of the Health Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Environmental Science or other related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a recognized public health position, preferably with a local Health Department.
- A combination of education and employment experience may be substituted for minimum requirements at the discretion of the Board of Health and/or the appointing authority.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to listen and discern issues of concern.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and associated programs and software
- Registered Sanitarian (R.S.) or Environmental Health Technician (E.H.T.) or eligible to take the R.S or E.H.T. exam.
- Valid driver’s license.
For more information or to apply click HERE.