Employee is responsible for the performance of technical and inspectional work to promote and protect the public health of SCMPH residents through the enforcement of state and local public health laws and regulations related to septic systems.
- Enforces state and local public health laws, rules, and regulations primarily around but not limited to Title 5 – onsite sewage treatment disposal systems.
- Witnesses and inspects installation of septic systems, and system abandonments. Supervises operations performed by professional engineers and sanitarians on deep test holes, percolation tests and soil evaluations, writes reports and provides necessary follow-up.
- Reviews establishment and septic design plans for code requirements, assuring compliance and issuing permits, consults with engineers to suggest/support appropriate design, submits recommendations to Board of Health on variance approvals and Reviews plans for other boards/departments and submits reports when necessary.
- Prepares order letters seeking enforcement of violations. Prepares documents in support of public health hearings and department enforcement actions, hearings, legal actions as well as presentation of public health rationale for enforcement in court.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise in relevant areas of public health, housing and environmental issues in order to maintain required licenses and certifications and changes in pertinent public health laws and regulations as well as enforcement practices.
- Assists and participates in the organization and development of the department’s emergency preparedness programs.
- Participates in public health programs in the community as required.
For more information or to apply, click here.