The South Central Mass Partnership for Public Health seeks a Regional Food & Housing Inspector responsible for the performance of technical and inspectional work to promote and protect the public health of SCMPH residents through the enforcement of state and local public health laws and related to food and housing.
- Enforces state and local public health laws, rules, and regulations primarily for but not limited to food service establishments and housing.
- Inspects food service establishments and retail stores for compliance with state sanitary code; monitors food establishment test Conducts food establishment complaint and food borne illness investigations, contacts state officials, and consults with physicians and lawyers; submits required reports and final analysis to appropriate state and local departments or agencies.
- Conducts housing inspections to ensure properties conform to state sanitary code. Inspects rental units and properties subject to public complaints as part of routine sanitary code enforcement.
- Prepares order letters seeking enforcement of violations. Prepares documents in support of public health hearings and department enforcement actions, hearings, legal actions as well as presentation of public health rationale for enforcement in court.
- Serves as a public health educator, conducting food service seminars and providing education on housing regulations.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise in relevant areas of public health, housing and environmental issues in order to maintain required licenses and certifications and changes in pertinent public health laws and regulations as well as enforcement practices.
- Participates in public health programs in the communities as required.
For more information or to apply, click here.