The Regional Epidemiologist will support the Combined Colony Coalition (Easton, Foxborough, Mansfield, Norton, and Sharon) to establish and utilize data reporting systems for disease surveillance and preventative health program development and implementation.
Supervision Received: Works under the direction of the Health Agent and Community EMS Officer
Supervision Given: Part-time Administrative Assistant
• Investigate communicable disease trends and chronic disease status in coalition communities using available data, such as census and statewide reportable disease data and other data sources.
• Utilize data to identify high-risk populations and areas of growing public health need.
• Analyze, develop, and structure epidemiological data specific to each community and across the region to present to stakeholders.
• Propose mitigation interventions and preventative health and wellness initiatives.
• Prepare and support the Coalition by participating in the Massachusetts Department of Public Health’s new local public health data reporting system.
• Support local public health with communicable disease tracking, case management, and contact tracing and collaborate with municipalities on various issues as needed.
• Participate in program planning and implementation ensuring that principles of health equity are incorporated. Adhere to local, state, and federal reporting standards.
• Performs similar or related work as required, directed, or as situation dictates. Regular attendance at the workplace is required.
For more information or to apply, click here.