Under the general supervision of the Health Director, performs technical environmental health work in the inspection of private, public, and commercial property for environmental health hazards, and assists in working towards resolution of hazards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs on-site inspections of food establishments under Chapter X of the State Sanitary Code, 105 CMR 590.000, including retail establishments, mobile food, temporary food events, special events with food vendors, residential kitchens, and farmer’s markets.
• Performs additional State Sanitary Code inspections and enforcement, including Chapter II, 105 CMR 410.000 (Housing), Chapter IV, 105 CMR 430.000 (Recreational Camps for Children), Chapter V, 105 CMR 435.000 (Public/Semi-Public Swimming Pools), Chapter VIII, 105 CMR 480.000 (Medical or Biological Waste), and Chapter XI, 105 CMR 675.000 (Indoor Skating Rinks).
• Conducts inspections and enforcement activities for other state regulations under local health jurisdiction, including 310 CMR 15.000 (Title 5) and 310 CMR 7.09-.10 (odor, dust, and noise under MassDEP’s air pollution control regulation). Also conducts inspections and enforcement for local health regulations, including animals, body art,
bodywork, and retail tobacco.
• Maintains and updates databases of information related to inspections, including correspondence, photographs, copies of complaints and correction orders, etc. Prepares order letters for enforcement and compliance.
• Educates individuals and businesses regarding compliance with codes and regulations and assists with mitigating problems.
• Responds to health, environmental and/or housing complaints from residents and businesses. Conducts investigations as needed, including food-borne illness investigations, and ensures proper remediation.
• Reviews and approves plans submitted by new food establishments including food plans, floor plans, mobile food operations, and inventory of equipment.
• Assists supervisor and other staff in preparing for Board of Health and court hearings related to code compliance.
For more information or to apply, click here.