Under general supervision of the Assistant Commissioner of the health division, inspects on a complaint or routine basis all places requiring licenses or permits form health agencies.
- Inspects on a complaint or routine basis all places requiring licenses or permits from health agencies, e.g. hospitals, rest/nursing homes, daycare agencies, swimming pools, restaurants, etc.
- Inspects establishments that store or offer for sale food items and/or alcoholic beverages to verify valid licenses and permits and to ensure compliance with the laws, ordinances, and rules and regulations relating to the State Sanitary Code.
- Assists with the public health education program for neighborhood and community improvements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in the environmental health inspection field is required. Considerable ability to prepare oral and written reports along with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with proprietors and the general public is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in public health, culinary arts, or related field of study is preferred and may be substituted for the required one (1) year of experience.
- Must have and maintain a current Massachusetts driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- A multi-lingual candidate is also preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
For more information or to apply, click here.