The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate school.
The Field & Organizing Division is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Environmental Health & Safety Rep/Organizer (FTTE). This position is in response to the COVID public health crisis. The role will provide access to environmental health & safety resources, including health & safety training, to MTA staff and local leaders; assist MTA staff and local leaders to support existing local EH&S committees and/or assist MTA staff and local leaders to organize new local EH&S committees where none are in place.
• Create and maintain a central repository of EH&S resources for the use of MTA staff and local leaders and local EH&S activists
• In collaboration with the MTA EH&S committee, create fact sheets, checklists, and support materials for MTA staff and local EH&S committees
• Assist MTA staff and local leaders in supporting local EH&S committees
• Assist MTA staff and local leaders in creating & developing local EH&S committees in locals where none yet exist
• Provide training on health and safety to staff and local leaders
• Collaborate and/or facilitate H&S research projects within the MTA
• Conduct periodic EH&S surveys
• Facilitate the engagement of outside consultants to conduct health and safety assessments
For more information or to apply, click here.