World Aquatic Health Conference
October 10 - October 12
This year the World Aquatic Health Conference is being held from October 10-12th in Charleston, SC. As we know, state and local health departments don’t have the funding to send their sanitarians every year. So this year, NSPF is hosting 6 WAHCity’s across the country and in Canada. Plenary sessions from the WAHC in Charleston will be broadcast to the 6 locations giving people a more economical way to still learn the latest in the aquatics industry.
Ten plenary sessions from the WAHC in Charleston will be broadcast to the Fitchburg location. Sessions include:
- The Scientific State of Aquatics & Charting the Future – Dr. Michael Beach, CDC
- Drowning Risk Factors & Prevention Strategies – Julie Gilchrist, CDC retired
- Understanding Biofilms: How to Minimize their Impact – Dr. Darla Goeres, Center for Biofilm Engineering
- Links between Water and Air Chemistry in Chlorinated Swimming Pools – Dr. Ernest Blatchley, Purdue University
- Lifeguarding Evolution: Understanding Lifeguarding & What’s on the Horizon – Joseph Stefanyak, Jeff Ellis & Associates
- Applying Filtration Science to your Pool & Future Filtration Needs – Dr. James Amburgey, University of North Carolina- Charlotte
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Who’s Watching the Kids – Scott Bowron, President Clear Aquatics
- We Heard A Lot, Now What Do We Do With It? – Dr. Michael Beach, CDC
- And Two Key Note Addresses
In addition, there is a behind the scenes tour of the Great Wolf Lodge and plenty of networking opportunities. The Great Wolf Lodge has given our guests a great rate of $129 per night with 4 water park passes included.
For more information about the event in Fitchburg please visit: WAHCity Fitchburg, MA