- This event has passed.
2021 FDA Virtual Food Protection Seminar
September 13 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on September 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
One event on September 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on September 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Registration is now open for the 2021 FDA Retail Food Protection Seminar. The Seminar will be held September 13-16, 2021. Registration is free! This event is open to all interested in retail food safety, including all state, local, territorial and tribal regulators, standardized officers, industry and academia.
September 13 and 14 will include general sessions for all attendees. Highlights include:
- Keynote address on The New Era of Smarter Food Safety from Frank Yiannas, Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response, FDA.
- New funding opportunities for retail food regulatory programs.
- Retail Food Safety Regulatory Association Collaborative, challenge studies, the FDA deli risk factor study results, and much more.
On September 15, attendees are invited to participate in one of five breakout sessions. These sessions will provide a great opportunity to connect with your colleagues from the Northeast, Central, Southeast, Pacific or Southwest. If you’ve never attended a local FDA seminar in the past, just pick one that looks interesting and make new connections. Don’t worry about having to decide which breakout to attend. All the sessions at this seminar will be recorded and available for later viewing for one year by all registered attendees on the meeting website.
Four Retail Flexible Funding Model (RFFM) workshops are scheduled for September 16th. The workshops are designed to help regulatory jurisdictions apply for FDA funding under the RFFM. The workshop schedule is:
- 1:00 PM ET: How to Create a Comprehensive Strategic Improvement Plan (CSIP)
- 2:00 PM ET: How to Create a Project Implementation Plan (PIP)
- 3:00 PM ET: How to use NEHA’s grant portal to submit a grant application
- 4:00 PM ET: Optional Resources to assist with navigating the RFFM
To register and learn more, please visit https://www.afdo.org/events/2021-fda-retail-food-protection-seminar/. The website functions better in Google Chrome than Internet Explorer.
YOU MUST REGISTER EVEN IF YOU DON’T INTEND TO WATCH THE LIVE EVENT BUT WISH TO WATCH RECORDED SESSIONS AT A LATER TIME.
You will receive a registration confirmation email shortly after registering. An additional email notification will be sent approximately two weeks prior to the seminar with instructions on accessing the Virtual Meeting Platform.
Contact hours offered: 16