Aramark is currently seeking a District Safety Manager for the Aramark supporting district operations located in Boston. The District Safety Manager will coordinate efforts targeting a holistic approach to assist the organization with implementation of safety and risk control programs, processes, and procedures to protect people, property, environment, and company assets. This position will function as a strategic operational support generalist to enhance safety and risk process improvements. This role will also function as a key point of contact for addressing operational needs as they relate to occupational safety, food safety & sanitation compliance, employee training and support execution of all Aramark safety process & procedures. Training and coaching of location management teams and staff is a main function within this role.
- Help Coach and Lead staff in accordance with facility and Aramark standards
- Work closely with Aramark Safety & Risk Control, Aramark District Manager, General Managers, and Clients to review, implement and enforce Aramark’s SAFE Commitment and SAFE management system.
- Assist supported locations, site based management teams to effectively execute against safety standards and requirements.
- Assure highest levels of Guest Service and Quality Control for all supported events.
- Maintain working relationship with local and regional compliance and regulatory authorities (Local / Health, etc.)
- Coordinate and Support District Safety Meeting / Committee Structure.
- Conduct internal work safety and food safety assessments; follow-up with corrective actions resulting from assessments by external agencies.
- Work as the leader of each supported team to provide high quality guest experience.
- Ensure the location has the current Aramark safety standards and procedure documentation in place.
- Verify the implementation and execution of Aramark safety standards and procedures.
- Accompany Public Health Department / Regulatory Inspectors during on-site inspections and respond to regulatory non-compliance and to the best of ability – mitigate or limit any future inspection violations.
- Effectively manage internal and external corrective action processes to comply with regulatory requirements to identify cause, address problems, restore control, evaluate and monitor processes, modify procedures or improve the overall safety system approach, and prevent recurrences.
- Candidate must be willing to work event based hours – including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required - Safety & Health, Business Administration, or Public Health Degree Preferred
- 2+ years of food safety and/or occupational experience
- Certified ServSafe trainer is preferred or ability to obtain training certification within first 6 months of employment
- Flexibility to work within a dynamic work environment and a matrix style reporting structure
- Excellence Communication skills – verbal and written.
- Computer essentials; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Possesses Strong Coaching, Influencing & Negotiating skills.
- Comfortable in providing training and coaching to management and hourly employees.
- Ability to proactively assess location food and occupational needs, assist in finding solutions to needs in conjunction with operational team
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- This position is an extremely active role requiring movement around large stadiums, arenas, or convention centers for the duration of the scheduled events.
- Previous management/training experience required.
- Previous occupational, food, and/or culinary experience in a high volume venue or health / regulatory department preferred Ability to legally travel within the United States and Canada on an as needed support basis.
For more information or to apply click HERE